Welcome to the world of selling on Amazon! If you want to add a new product to the platform, you’ll need to know how to create a new ASIN in Amazon. An ASIN is a unique code given to each product on Amazon to help with searches and organization. Whether you have a brand-new product or want to sell your own item, knowing how to create a new ASIN is crucial.
This guide will show you simple steps to reach millions of customers on Amazon. We’ll cover everything from product research and listing optimization to understanding Amazon’s guidelines and policies so you get a clear idea of How to create a new ASIN in Amazon. By the end, you’ll know how to create your new ASIN and start selling on Amazon with confidence.
Let’s go on this exciting journey together and take advantage of the opportunities that await us!
How to create a new ASIN in Amazon? A Detailed Guide
Creating an ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) on Amazon is a crucial step for sellers looking to introduce new products to the platform. This detailed guide will walk you through the process, ensuring a smooth and successful ASIN creation.
- Research Your Product: Before anything else, conduct thorough market research to ensure there’s demand for your product. Identify your target audience, study competitors, and determine a competitive pricing strategy.
- Set Up a Seller Account: To create an ASIN, you must be a registered Amazon seller. If you haven’t already, go ahead and sign up for a seller account. Choose between an Individual or Professional plan based on your selling needs.
- Product Category Selection: Decide which product category your item belongs to. Amazon offers a wide array of categories, making it essential to choose the most fitting one for your product.
- Check for Existing Listings: Search for products similar to yours that are already listed on Amazon. If your item matches an existing ASIN, make sure to sell it under that existing listing instead of creating a new one.
- Product Images and Description: Prepare high-quality images and a compelling product description. Clear and informative content can significantly impact customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Product Identifiers: Choose the most appropriate product identifiers like UPC, EAN, or ISBN. If your product doesn’t have these codes, select “Does not have a UPC” during the listing process.
- Creating the ASIN: To get started, log in to your Amazon Seller Central account and go to the “Add a Product” section. Fill in all the necessary details, such as the title, brand, manufacturer, and other relevant information. If Amazon doesn’t already have a matching product, select “Create a new ASIN” to proceed.
- Listing Optimization: Optimize your product listing with relevant keywords, bullet points, and product features. This helps your ASIN rank higher in search results.
- Pricing and Inventory: Set a competitive price for your product and decide on the initial inventory you want to stock.
- Submit the Listing: Review all the information and make any necessary changes before submitting the listing. Once submitted, Amazon will review and approve your new ASIN.
- Launch and Promote: Congratulations! Your new ASIN is live on Amazon. Promote your product through sponsored ads, social media, and other marketing strategies to gain visibility and sales.
Remember, ASIN creation is just the beginning of your journey as an Amazon seller. Continuously monitor your product’s performance, gather customer feedback, and make improvements to ensure long-term success in the competitive e-commerce landscape. Happy selling!
What is an Amazon ASIN?
Before jumping to know How to create a new ASIN in Amazon you must know the ASIN.
An Amazon ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) is a special code that Amazon gives to each product they sell on their website. It’s like a unique ID for every item. ASINs help Amazon organize and find products quickly, making it easy for customers to search for and buy what they want.
ASINs are specific to Amazon and are not used outside of their website. So, each product version or type has its own special code. For sellers, ASINs are essential for listing products on Amazon and keeping track of sales and inventory.
In simple terms, an Amazon ASIN is like a fingerprint for every product on Amazon, helping customers and sellers find and manage items easily on the platform.
What Is the ASIN Creation Policy?
Amazon has certain policies and guidelines regarding ASIN creation to maintain the integrity and quality of its marketplace. While specific policies may have changed since then, I’ll provide an overview of the typical ASIN creation policy based on the information available up to that time to get you a clear understanding of how to create a new ASIN in Amazon effectively and most efficiently.
- Unique Products: Each product listed on Amazon should have a unique ASIN. If a product already exists in the Amazon catalog, sellers should use the existing ASIN rather than create a new one for the same item.
- Product Variants: Different variations of the same product, such as size or color options, can have their own ASINs. However, they should be grouped under a single parent ASIN as child ASINs (known as “variation relationships”).
- Matching Product Identifiers: When creating a new ASIN, sellers must provide accurate and matching product identifiers, such as UPC, EAN, ISBN, or brand/manufacturer information. This ensures product data consistency and avoids duplicate listings.
- Product Category: ASINs should be listed under the most appropriate and relevant product category. Mis-categorizing products can result in confusion for customers and may lead to policy violations.
- Prohibited Products: Certain products are restricted or prohibited on Amazon. Sellers should not attempt to create ASINs for items that violate Amazon’s policies, including hazardous goods or counterfeit products.
- Product Listing Quality: Product listings must meet Amazon’s quality standards. This includes providing accurate and informative product descriptions, clear images, and relevant keywords for search optimization.
- Intellectual Property: Sellers must respect intellectual property rights. Creating ASINs for copyrighted or trademarked items without proper authorization is not allowed.
- Listing Duplication: Repeatedly creating duplicate ASINs for the same product or attempting to manipulate the system is against Amazon’s policies and can lead to account suspension.
Please note that Amazon’s policies are subject to change, and it’s crucial for sellers to refer to the latest guidelines provided by Amazon Seller Central for the most up-to-date information on ASIN creation and product listing.
Using an Existing Amazon ASIN: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to know How to create a new ASIN in Amazon using an existing ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) of the same product, follow these simple steps to get started:
- Identify the ASIN: Find the exact product you want to sell on Amazon and note down its ASIN. You can find the ASIN in the product details section on the Amazon product page.
- Check Compatibility: Ensure that your product matches the one with the existing ASIN in terms of brand, model, size, color, and other attributes. The product must be identical or a compatible variation.
- Add Your Offer: To sell your product under the existing ASIN, list it as a seller on that specific product page. Go to your Amazon Seller Central account, click on “Add a Product,” and match it to the existing ASIN.
- Provide Product Details: While creating your listing, accurately provide all the necessary details about your product, including title, brand, manufacturer, and other relevant information.
- Set Price and Shipping: Determine your product’s price and choose the shipping method and charges. You can fulfill orders yourself (Merchant-Fulfilled) or use Amazon’s fulfillment services (Fulfilled by Amazon – FBA).
- Submit Your Listing: Review all the information for accuracy and submit your product listing. Amazon will link your product to the existing ASIN, and customers will see your offer on the same product page.
- Manage Inventory: Keep track of your inventory and update stock levels to avoid overselling or running out of stock.
By using an existing ASIN, you leverage the visibility of an established product page, which can lead to quicker sales as customers are already familiar with that listing. Providing excellent customer service and accurate product descriptions will enhance the selling experience and reviews.
Read More: How to find a specific seller on Amazon
I hope this article has helped you to understand How to Create a New ASIN in Amazon and why it is essential for sellers who want to expand their product range on the platform. By following the step-by-step guide, you can confidently list your unique products and reach millions of potential customers.
Remember to do your research, improve your product listings, and provide accurate information for a smooth ASIN creation process. Once your new ASINs are live on Amazon, keep an eye on performance, use marketing strategies, and offer excellent customer service to succeed in the competitive e-commerce world. Embrace the opportunities Amazon provides, and may your selling journey be successful and fulfilling. Happy selling!