The term FNSKU label refers to the Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit label, an essential component in the world of e-commerce and online retail. Created by Amazon, the FNSKU label plays a vital role in the accurate identification and tracking of products within Amazon’s vast fulfillment network. Each unique FNSKU is assigned to a specific product, allowing it to be easily distinguished from similar items.
This label is crucial for seamless inventory management, order processing, and shipping, ensuring that customers receive the correct product promptly. Knowing about this label is essential for sellers on Amazon. It ensures easy shipping and improves customer satisfaction.
This article explains its importance and how to make one for online selling.
What is a FNSKU label? A Complete Guide
An FNSKU label, which stands for Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit label, is a crucial identifier used in Amazon’s fulfillment network. It is a unique barcode label that Amazon requires sellers to attach to their products before sending them to fulfillment centers. The FNSKU is specific to each individual product, and it is used to differentiate it from other similar items in Amazon’s inventory.
When a seller sends their products to Amazon’s fulfillment centers, they need to ensure that each unit has the corresponding FNSKU label on its packaging. This label helps Amazon’s system accurately track and manage inventory, enabling seamless order fulfillment and shipping to customers.
This label creation is typically done through Amazon Seller Central, where sellers can generate the barcode for each product in their inventory. Additionally, sellers can use the FNSKU to create shipment plans and monitor their stock levels in Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
This label is a vital tool for sellers on Amazon, ensuring efficient inventory management and contributing to a positive customer experience by ensuring accurate and timely deliveries.
Why is FNSKU important?
The FNSKU (Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit) is essential for several reasons, particularly in the context of selling products on Amazon’s platform. Here’s why the FNSKU is important:
- Product Identification: The FNSKU is a unique identifier assigned to each individual product. It distinguishes one product from another in Amazon’s vast inventory, ensuring accurate tracking and management.
- Inventory Management: By using FNSKU labels, Amazon’s system can efficiently track the quantity of each product stored in its fulfillment centers. This enables sellers to manage their inventory effectively and avoid stockouts or overstock situations.
- Order Fulfillment: When a customer places an order on Amazon, the FNSKU helps in precisely identifying the specific product to be shipped. This reduces the risk of shipping the wrong item to the customer.
- Replication Prevention: FNSKU labels play a role in preventing replication. Since each label is unique to a legitimate product, it helps Amazon detect and remove replicated items from its platform.
- Product Bundling: For sellers who bundle products together to create new listings, the FNSKU ensures that the correct products are assembled, avoiding mix-ups and confusion.
- Product Tracking: Throughout the product’s journey, from the seller to the fulfillment center and finally, to the customer, the FNSKU enables tracking at each step, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Customer Experience: By using FNSKU labels, sellers contribute to a smoother, error-free order fulfillment process. This enhances the overall customer experience, fostering customer loyalty and positive reviews.
In summary, the FNSKU is crucial for seamless inventory management, accurate order processing, replication prevention, and improving the overall efficiency and reliability of selling products on Amazon’s platform. It is a fundamental aspect of operating within Amazon’s fulfillment network and is indispensable for sellers aiming to succeed in the competitive e-commerce landscape.
How do I create a FNSKU label? Step-by-Step Guide
Creating an FNSKU label for your products on Amazon is a straightforward process. Here’s a simple, step-by-step guide to help you with it:
- Register: As an Amazon Seller, if you haven’t already, you need to sign up as an Amazon seller. Go to Amazon Seller Central (sellercentral.amazon.com) and follow the registration process.
- Add Your Product to Amazon’s Catalog: Once registered, log in to your Amazon Seller Central account. Under the “Inventory” tab, select “Add a Product.” Enter the product’s details, such as title, description, and category. If your product already exists in Amazon’s catalog, you can skip this step.
- Generate Label: After adding your product to the catalog, locate it in your inventory. On the same page, click on “Print Item Labels” or “Print FNSKU Labels.” Amazon will generate a PDF with the FNSKU barcode for that specific product.
- Print the Labels: Download the PDF containing the FNSKU label(s) and print them using a high-quality printer. Ensure that the labels are printed clearly and are not damaged.
- Attach the Label: Carefully affix the label to each product’s packaging. It is recommended to place the label on the product’s packaging in a visible and easily scannable location.
- Shipment Plan: Afterward, make a shipment plan in Amazon Seller Central to send your items to an Amazon fulfillment center. Pick the products, state the quantity, and follow the instructions to finish creating the shipment.
- Packaging: Get your products ready for shipping, making sure they are well-packed to prevent damage during transit. Label the shipping boxes with Amazon shipment labels provided, and send them to the designated fulfillment center.
- Monitor Your Inventory: After Amazon receives your shipment and processes it, you can monitor your inventory levels and sales through your Seller Central account. The FNSKU barcode will be used to track your products’ stock and orders.
By following these steps, you can create and use FNSKU labels effectively to sell products on Amazon’s platform. Remember that each product variation or SKU may require a unique FNSKU label, so ensure accuracy and consistency in the labeling process.
What is the difference between Amazon SKU and FNSKU?
The main difference between Amazon SKU and FNSKU lies in their purposes and where they are used within the Amazon ecosystem:
Amazon SKU (Stock Keeping Unit):
- Amazon SKU is a unique identifier assigned by the seller to a product or a group of products for inventory management purposes.
- Sellers use their own SKUs to track and manage their inventory within their own systems or warehouses.
- The Amazon SKU is not used by Amazon’s fulfillment centers; it is primarily for the seller’s internal use.
- Sellers can use their existing SKUs when listing products on Amazon, but they need to match their SKUs to the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) of the product to ensure proper product identification on the platform.
FNSKU (Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit):
- FNSKU, on the other hand, is a unique identifier assigned by Amazon to each individual product that is part of the Amazon fulfillment network.
- FNSKU is specific to Amazon’s inventory and fulfillment centers. It allows Amazon’s system to accurately track and manage the products within its vast network of fulfillment centers.
- Sellers are required to use FNSKU labels on their products before sending them to Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
- FNSKU labels help prevent inventory mix-ups, ensure correct order fulfillment, and aid in tracking products through the Amazon supply chain.
The big difference is that Amazon SKU is for sellers to manage their inventory, while FNSKU is for Amazon to track products in their fulfillment network. Sellers need these labels to work smoothly with Amazon’s system and meet inventory and order requirements.
We hope this article has helped you to understand why the FNSKU label is crucial for selling products on Amazon. It’s like a special barcode that helps Amazon keep track of each item. When sellers attach these labels to their products, it makes sure that the right products get sent to customers, and inventory is managed accurately. This label plays a big role in making the whole process smooth and efficient, leading to happy customers and successful businesses on Amazon.
So, if you’re selling on Amazon, make sure to use FNSKU labels to stay on top of things!